Pupil & SPorts Premium
The Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals and those looked after by the local authority.
All schools are required to report on the amount of funding received and how this is used. At Skelmanthorpe Academy we currently use the additional funding in the following ways.
At Skelmanthorpe Academy the P.E. and Sports funding is spent in variety of ways with the direct and explicit aim of making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of P.E. and Sport for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of a healthy and active lifestyle.
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of P.E. and sport in primary schools against 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
2. The profile of P.E. and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching P.E. and sport.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.