At Skelmanthorpe Academy we have shared and reflected upon what British values mean to us. Tolerance and respect are also our school values which are reinforced regularly and in age appropriate ways. We want our school community to be proud of their nation and understand how they can contribute as effective citizens. We understand that this important process begins at a very early age and we seek to nurture this at Skelmanthorpe Academy.
What do we do at Skelmanthorpe Academy to celebrate being British?
- Meet requirements for collective worship, using carefully considered themes to share the importance of understanding and celebrating the world around us
- Deliver a PSHCE curriculum that addresses respect, tolerance, individual liberty and democracy within the context of the classroom
- Have an established nurturing and supporting school ethos that supports pupils, staff and parents through effective mutually respecting relationships
- Take part in activities beyond the classroom, through educational visits, a rich variety of extra curricular opportunities and addresses current affairs.
- Encourage all members of our school community to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance.