FOTS (Friends of the School)
FOTS are a group of parents/careers that organise events to raise money for the children of the school.
We are a welcoming group who are always happy for additional support. We arrange and host a number of events for the children, families and the community to enjoy for example; school discos, the spring ball and the summer fair.
Monies raised help fund extra events, activities and resources that are not covered by the school budget. This enhances the school experience and provides extra opportunities for our young ones.
Who we are:
Feel free to say hi if you see us in the playground!
Past and Future Events
Over the 2022-23 academic year, FOTS have organised a variety of events to raise money, We have had;
- The Halloween disco, a great way to finish the 1st half of the autumn half term.
- Christmas Cards designs, designed by the pupils that parents could then purchase as cards, gift wrap, gift tags, note books etc.
- Christmas Hamper Raffle
- Singing round the tree were we provided warm drinks and cakes
- The Valentine’s disco
- Our annual spring ball at Bagden Hall
- Raffles at school performances
- Easter Hampers Raffle
In addition to the events we have organised, we raised money via Co-op Card Community Funding. We raised £3,927.68 which will pay for a scooter area in the playground.
The year is not over yet either, as we approach the last half term we still have events lined up. In July we will be selling drinks and ice creams on Sports Day. We will also have the return of our Summer fair too, and will no doubt be in the playground at pick up time as the weather gets hotter selling ice cream. There are also more school performances from other classes in the coming weeks where we will be supporting with a raffle.
While we hold events to raise money we also hold events for social get togethers and to raise awareness of what we do. November saw an evening at Volare. In April we had a coffee afternoon so parents could put names to faces. We also hosted tea/ coffee and cake for the school coronation celebration, a great opportunity for the school community to come together.
So while we were busy raising funds, we also spent some money too;
- Coaches for individual class trips
- Coaches to the Year 5 Robin Wood Residential
- Stage lighting (part funded through a grant from Skelmanthorpe Liberals)
- In December we gave each class teacher some money to buy presents for the class that would help and benefit learning in the classroom.
- Christmas selection boxes for every pupil
- Coaches and half time treats for the Panto
- Leavers hoodies for the year 5s
- Year 5 leavers party
- We have also funded books, playground equipment, Competition PE shirts, easels, paint and the beach area in school
If you would like to find out more you can follow us on facebook @skelmanthorpeFOTS or call Anna on 07789004562.