SENDCO: Mrs S Senior
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (FAO SENDCO)
Link to Special Educational Needs & Disability
Kirklees Local Offer
What is it and who is it for?
- The Children and Families Act 2014 requires Local Authorities to publish a local offer, setting out in one place information about provision they expect to be available across education, health and social care for children and young people in their area who have SEN or are disabled.
- It is a comprehensive information system for parents, carers, children and young people aged 0-25, with special educational needs and disabilities* (SEND) and for children and young people outside of Kirklees for whom we are responsible.
- It informs parents, carers, children and young people about how they can access accurate online information from service providers across education, health and social care.
- It will become a resource for professionals to help them understand the range of local services and how to inform joint commissioning for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
*disability has the meaning given by Section 6 of the Equality Act 2010.
Who developed it?
- It is being developed with the local authority, children and young people, parents, carers and local services, including voluntary and community sector. It will be continually reviewed and developed.
The Kirklees Local Offer will ultimately cover:
- Education, health and care provision for children and young people with SEN (including information about its quality and the outcome achieved by those who use it).
- Arrangements for identifying and assessing children and young people with SEN, including arrangements for requesting an Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment or EHC Plan.
- Other education provision (outside of schools or colleges such as sports or arts provision).
- Training provision, including apprenticeships.
- Arrangements for travel to and from schools, post 16 institutions and early years providers.
- Support to help children and young people in moving between phases of education and to prepare for adulthood.
- Leisure activities, including short breaks and fun things to do.
What our school needs to do
The governing body of our school must publish SEND information setting out how they meet the expectations of children, parents and carers. This information about our school’s SEND services is presented in a report which must be updated annually on our website and in other accessible formats. Our SEND Report links in to Kirklees Local Offer.
How will publishing this SEND information help our school?
- The information will help us to communicate to parents, carers and others who work in our school, how children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) are supported.
- It will help to prevent misunderstandings that can sometimes make working together difficult.
- Co-producing information with parents, carers and children will help us to develop strong partnerships and increase understanding.
- It will provide opportunities to review processes and ways of working together.
- It will provide clear, transparent information about how SEN funding works in school.